Welcome to AllThingsCrash!
The support site for TheCrashCast.com
LIVE SHOWS each Wednesday at 8:00 pm Central Standard Time
An embedded video player will pop up RIGHT HERE about 30 minutes before each show.
Our last show...
Want To Register Your Own CHAT Name And Password?
We are using some older technology for the LIVE CHAT - an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client. Yes, it's been around for a long time now, but it's still the most robust chat server around!
If you'd like to register your own, unique NICKNAME and PASSWORD, then just follow the instructions below:
1. Choose any NICKNAME to log into the chat above. Note that no password is required at this point. There is a possibility that the nickname you've chosen is already in use by one of the bazillion people that already use IRC (Internet Chat Relay), so just choose something else to get into the chat interface.
2. Now that you're in. you'll want to set up your own, unique NICKNAME. In the "Send Message" bar, type the following:
/nick YourNewNickname (This is where you'll put in the unique NICKNAME of your choosing)
If the NICKNAME you've chosen is already registered to someone else, the IRC system will let you know. If it has already been used, type in the above command with a different NICKNAME. If you're really wanting to use a NICKNAME that is already taken by someone else (in my case, 'Crash' is almost always taken), then you may consider adding "TCC_" to the beginning of your usual username (for example - TCC_Crash).
3. Once you've successfully changed your NICKNAME to something that no one else has taken, it's time to register that NICK. Type the following command into the "Send Message" bar:
/msg nickserv register YourPassword firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note that the password you choose and the email address you choose are separated by a single tap of your [SPACEBAR]!)
If you've done this correctly, you'll get a message back from the IRC saying "An email containing nickname activation instructions has been sent to "email@example.com" (of course, this will REALLY be the email address you supplied LoL). Open up a new window or tab in your browser and go check your account for an email from FREENODE advising you of what to do next.
4. From the verification email you received, copy and paste the given command into the "Send Message" bar of the IRC client and press [ENTER]. (Note that this needs to be done within 24 hours of sending your password and email address. If you fail to do this verification step, then your NICKNAME and PASSWORD will be purged from the system after 24 hours.)
You're done! The system will return a message saying that your name has been verified. Now whenever you log into the IRC client here (or ANY FreeNode IRC), you can use this NICKNAME and your PASSWORD.
Clear as mud, right? LoL
- GLORP! November 26, 2015In this week's 'Thanksgiving Eve' show we talk a bit about the DOT Task Force Recommendations that came down on November 21st, as well as some great Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday deals! Oh, and if your Turkey is all prepped to fry up but you find yourself without propane for your […]
- F3Expo...And Goats November 19, 2015This week we actually have a guest on the show. Patrick Fox had an opportunity to attend the inaugural F3Expo and he met with us to share his impression of this new, and hopefully annual event. Oh, and if you've never had the opportunity to see 'Fainting Goats" in person, JUST DO IT! LoL LINKS: […]
- Feather Boa Mopeds? November 12, 2015This week we get to dip into the mail bag again and share listener emails! Oh, and there's also some discussion on what everyone is planning for personal transport for SEFF next year (and other big events that we may attend). Hit the links below for a lot of interesting stuff, as well as the […]