Welcome to AllThingsCrash!
The support site for TheCrashCast.com
Sorry, gang, but TheCrashCast is no more - at least not until I can get this cancer mess out of my body.
Our last episode will be available for download on Thursday morning, May 5th. After that, it's all done.
Thanks so much to all of you for all the great memories, from live events to live shows, from PM's to text messages, you will never know how much these friendships - both virtual and real - have meant to me.
Good luck, God bless, and happy flying!!
Want To Register Your Own CHAT Name And Password?
We are using some older technology for the LIVE CHAT - an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client. Yes, it's been around for a long time now, but it's still the most robust chat server around!
If you'd like to register your own, unique NICKNAME and PASSWORD, then just follow the instructions below:
1. Choose any NICKNAME to log into the chat above. Note that no password is required at this point. There is a possibility that the nickname you've chosen is already in use by one of the bazillion people that already use IRC (Internet Chat Relay), so just choose something else to get into the chat interface.
2. Now that you're in. you'll want to set up your own, unique NICKNAME. In the "Send Message" bar, type the following:
/nick YourNewNickname (This is where you'll put in the unique NICKNAME of your choosing)
If the NICKNAME you've chosen is already registered to someone else, the IRC system will let you know. If it has already been used, type in the above command with a different NICKNAME. If you're really wanting to use a NICKNAME that is already taken by someone else (in my case, 'Crash' is almost always taken), then you may consider adding "TCC_" to the beginning of your usual username (for example - TCC_Crash).
3. Once you've successfully changed your NICKNAME to something that no one else has taken, it's time to register that NICK. Type the following command into the "Send Message" bar:
/msg nickserv register YourPassword email@example.com
(Note that the password you choose and the email address you choose are separated by a single tap of your [SPACEBAR]!)
If you've done this correctly, you'll get a message back from the IRC saying "An email containing nickname activation instructions has been sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (of course, this will REALLY be the email address you supplied LoL). Open up a new window or tab in your browser and go check your account for an email from FREENODE advising you of what to do next.
4. From the verification email you received, copy and paste the given command into the "Send Message" bar of the IRC client and press [ENTER]. (Note that this needs to be done within 24 hours of sending your password and email address. If you fail to do this verification step, then your NICKNAME and PASSWORD will be purged from the system after 24 hours.)
You're done! The system will return a message saying that your name has been verified. Now whenever you log into the IRC client here (or ANY FreeNode IRC), you can use this NICKNAME and your PASSWORD.
Clear as mud, right? LoL
- Five Gigantic Pickles April 28, 2016In this week's show we start our recap of SEFF 2016. Now that we've all had time to get home, unwind, and decompress a bit, we attempt to capture the spirit of this annual pilgrimage as best we can. Lots of fun and stories in this one! Check out the videos below, courtesy of Martijn […]
- Just The Tip April 21, 2016Episode 353 is full of all kinds of tips in regards to setting up your own charging station, as most of our group got to see some very creative solutions during our meeting last week. LINKS: BumpCharger Lenovo Stick 300 Computer Dual USB Cigaretter Lighter Socket LCD Digital Display MultiMeter Drew's SketchUp Template For Rigid […]
- Redneckin' It With Laine April 7, 2016This 352nd installment of our show should land while most of our group is in transit to SEFF 2016. In this one we share our 'accommodations' (campers, tents, etc.) for this big event, as well as the goodies that we are intending to bring to fly. Let's face it, this is another blow-off show - […]