Welcome to AllThingsCrash!
The support site for TheCrashCast.com
LIVE SHOWS each Wednesday at 8:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time
If you're listening to last week's repeat, then you'll need to refresh the page to load this week's LIVE video stream.
Want To Register Your Own CHAT Name And Password?
We are using some older technology for the LIVE CHAT - an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client. Yes, it's been around for a long time now, but it's still the most robust chat server around!
If you'd like to register your own, unique NICKNAME and PASSWORD, then just follow the instructions below:
1. Choose any NICKNAME to log into the chat above. Note that no password is required at this point. There is a possibility that the nickname you've chosen is already in use by one of the bazillion people that already use IRC (Internet Chat Relay), so just choose something else to get into the chat interface.
2. Now that you're in. you'll want to set up your own, unique NICKNAME. In the "Send Message" bar, type the following:
/nick YourNewNickname (This is where you'll put in the unique NICKNAME of your choosing)
If the NICKNAME you've chosen is already registered to someone else, the IRC system will let you know. If it has already been used, type in the above command with a different NICKNAME. If you're really wanting to use a NICKNAME that is already taken by someone else (in my case, 'Crash' is almost always taken), then you may consider adding "TCC_" to the beginning of your usual username (for example - TCC_Crash).
3. Once you've successfully changed your NICKNAME to something that no one else has taken, it's time to register that NICK. Type the following command into the "Send Message" bar:
/msg nickserv register YourPassword email@example.com
(Note that the password you choose and the email address you choose are separated by a single tap of your [SPACEBAR]!)
If you've done this correctly, you'll get a message back from the IRC saying "An email containing nickname activation instructions has been sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (of course, this will REALLY be the email address you supplied LoL). Open up a new window or tab in your browser and go check your account for an email from FREENODE advising you of what to do next.
4. From the verification email you received, copy and paste the given command into the "Send Message" bar of the IRC client and press [ENTER]. (Note that this needs to be done within 24 hours of sending your password and email address. If you fail to do this verification step, then your NICKNAME and PASSWORD will be purged from the system after 24 hours.)
You're done! The system will return a message saying that your name has been verified. Now whenever you log into the IRC client here (or ANY FreeNode IRC), you can use this NICKNAME and your PASSWORD.
Clear as mud, right? LoL
- Lickety Split May 29, 2015This week finds us without a lot to talk about, so we hit the mailbag and discuss an interesting letter sent in, as well as share some events to check out. LINKS:WATTS Over Owatonna Crash-In Fly-In Wiings For Wishes WA Warwick All Electric Fly-In LVRCS Ellis Grumer Electric And EDF Meet HobbyZone Sportsman S+ […]
- Trailer Talk May 21, 2015Have you been considering using a trailer to cart your RC models to and from the local flying field? Have you thought of attending out-of-town or out-of-state events and wondered if a trailer was the best option for hauling your fleet? In this episode, we attempt to answer one of our listeners questions regarding the […]
- Ground Stations And More May 14, 2015In this week's show we get a little deeper into FPV and talk about some of the cool Ground Stations we've seen - some are really stinking expensive, while others show that you can get the job done WITHOUT breaking the bank (these are MY favorite systems). Also, we get a chance to visit with […]